Kilimanjaro
the neighborhood view
Monday, October 10, 2011
10 more days
Unterwegs: German for "on the way" describes what a lot of my adventures have been. Funny how you grow up in a tiny place, live in the same house practically from birth, think that everyone knows what "Kuchen" is, have no telephone (of any kind) before the age of 16, then suddenly begin to travel the world when college ends. I regret now that I didn't have a grateful heart to tell my mom how much her sacrifices meant--what she gave up so that I could begin to find "unterwegs" the place to be. From the Meyerbroeker family of Germany to the GHTA house in Ushirika, oh the places I have been. Just ten days until my everyday neighborhood view will change from hay bales to Mt. Kilimanjaro, from white to black, from English to Kiswahili, from teenagers to mamas! Oma is on the road again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment